Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July update

First of all, welcome to the new blog. I sincerly apologize for letting the old blog go to the wayside. I had discovered blogspot and found that it was more suitable for me. I promise that I will do a better job of keeping this one up. :) With that said, on with the updates.

Arabel had her first ER visit on Monday. She had been acting unlike herself all day. Rob and I had attributed it to teething. The poor girl has popped 3 molars through in the past 4 days. Our vibrant 14 month old who is normally told to stay out of things every 2 seconds was just laying on the couch. She seemed to be babying her left arm, we didn't see any bruising or swelling when we checked it out. After I had gone to work, Arabel was in incredible pain and was wailing like crazy. Rob ended up taking her to the pediatric ER. She was diagnosed with nursemaid's elbow which is a partial dislocation. They popped it back into place and she was back to her normal self. It is a very common childhood injury and it was easily remedied, luckily for us. Emma admitted to jumping around and holding on to her arm which is likely how it happened. We are very happy that it wasn't more serious.

Emma has been working hard on learning her letter sounds and is doing a fantastic job. She is going camping next weekend with my parents for 4 days and she is very excited about it. She keeps talking about swimming and fishing. I can't wait to hear all about her trip.

Now, on to the pictures. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment